Go to footer

Benny Blades The Irish Shooter Interview

Interviews with Wrestlingstars

Benny Blades The Irish Shooter Interview

Postby Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine » 05.11.2011, 07:10

Hello Wrestlingjunkies,
today my guest comes from Ireland
Please welcome The Irish Shooter Benny Blades
Hello Benny,thank you for this interview.
Thanks for having me.

Can you please tell the fans who you are?
You just said it, monkey! I am “The Irish Shooter” Benny Blades, a 5'9”, 13 stone, Irish American pro wrestler who has spent the last 13 years fighting to make a name for myself in this wonderful sport.

How do you come to the decision to be a Pro wrestler?
Years and years of watching the wrestling business and loving the wrestling business. Finding the right wrestling school and being in the right place at the right time. Being smart, and a little sick in the head at the same time.

Sometimes friends and family can not understand the decision, how about your friends and family?
I lost a few friends because they thought it was stupid and didn't get it. A few others actually went to try outs with me and continue to support what I do. As for my family.....lets just say it wasn't the easiest thing to tell them that the bread winner of the family was going to rule the world of pro wrestling. My grandparents were supportive but the rest of my family were really not into it at all.

Who were your coaches in wrestling?
I have had quite a few that I consider coaches and trainers. “Made in Japan” Jason Ray was the first to actually break me into the business along with Jon Douglas. Two guys that I refuse to have anything to do with to this day, but respect because they brought wrestlers in the right way and didn't baby us like other so called training camps. I had others show me other aspects of the game like Bruiser Bennett, Johnny Grunge, and “Rock and Roll” Buck ZumHofe. Anytime I step through those ropes with someone that has been in it longer than me, or been to the WWE or TNA, its a learning process and I become their student for that 15 minutes. So, like I said. Many many trainers and coaches.

When you get inside the Ring what is your Favorite Rule, Heel or Face? And why?
I prefer to play by my rules. If that is what you may call heel, then fine. No proper hero or leader is squeaky clean. I call those pricks pushovers. Sometimes you gotta speak your mind, say what you want, and get a little dirty to get ahead and take what you want. Sometimes the fans like it and sometimes they don't. In the end, it really is up to my thousands of followers what I am.

You use the name The Irish Shooter, what can you tell us about them as Wrestler?
You are also forgetting all the other names that I have been called, The Irish Mad Man, Green Pants, The Irish Assassin, The Celtic Messiah. With the nickname The Irish Shooter, my thick Irish heritage, and years of martial arts schooling, its kinda hard not to be a shooter when the time comes. The Irish Shooter is manipulating control freak who can do and has done just about anything in a wrestling ring but has been in the wrestling business long enough to be smart enough to use the right move in the right situation. Ground pound, technical, aerial, hardcore. You name it, he does it.

Who came up with the idea of that gimmick and how would you describe the Irish Shooter Benny Blades?
Its kinda funny how the Irish Shooter came about. I wanted to highlight my Irish heritage. The shooter part came later when another wrestler pointed out that my arm drags on him were a shoot. Well that dumb bastard wouldn't give me nothin so I had to take it and judo throw him. He gave me the nickname of a shooter so it stuck. Thats right yeh ugly prick. I know you are reading this and the Irish Shooter is giving your sorry ass a little credit. The Irish Shooter says what he wants, does what he wants. He does what needs to be done by his standards.

One some photos you look a little bit like the WWE Star Sheamus,you know? Is Sheamus an Idol for you?
Your little site looks like an amateur message board, you know? Is this really even a legitimate question or did someone put you up to this? By proof of video, pictures, my lawyer, and witnesses, the Irish Shooter was first. What came first, the chicken or the egg.....the egg because you got it all over your face with this question. You ever heard of Static-X? Wayne Static? If not, go look him up. Benny Blades is a Wayne Static fan, Sheamus is a Benny Blades fan.
Good answer Benny :-)

When you compare WWE and TNA, are there any big differences? And which Promotion is your Favorite?
Yes, money, direction, age, and size. WWE has the big young kids that are being prepped and directed with every step they take. TNA has the smaller young kids but is over populated by the old dinosaurs that keep trying to relive the glory days and overrun these poor bastards. There is no direction in TNA and yet they still hold on which is a good thing. I would rather be in TNA. There seems to be a little freedom in that company to do a little more with character and maneuvers. Either way you look at it, both companies would be good for the Irish Shooter. Money and TV time is where it is at.

On Facebook I saw you with some Belts in your hands, which Championship belt do you called yours?
I have an impressive resume and pick up gold almost everywhere I go, I currently do not own a championship in any company. I will forever be a champion though and have a cult following here in the US, the Cult of Green Pants, also known as the Green Pants Revolution. I am their champion.

When you look in the future is there anything you want to do in wrestling or a match you are dreaming for?
Every wrestler has a desire to make it to the WWE or TNA. I am no different. If you don't, you need to just quit right now. There are always matches that I would love to be apart of, wrestlers I would love to wrestle. I have done a lot but haven't done it all. I think the one desire I have that I rarely see anyone do in this business anymore is make it past 35. These kids treating their bodies the way they do, boozing, drugging. What we do in the ring is bad enough. I don't do either one. Just wrestle. Makes me a drama free wrestler for any promoter.

And when you look at your time in Wrestling what was your personal highlight inside the ring?
One of my biggest highlights was getting to share the ring with Bobo Brazil Jr, The Public Enemy, and King Kong Bundy during a battle royal. Also winning any heavyweight championship and headlining for great companies like Northern Outlaw Wrestling in Minot, North Dakota is a highlight on any given night both myself and more importantly, the fans.

What countries would you like to visit in your wrestling time? Germany? Japan? USA?
I currently wrestle in the US but I would like to wrestle all over the world, Mexico, Canada, Japan, Germany, Ireland, and the list goes on and on. Its time to bring a little Irish “cheer” to a world wide audience.

Where do you wrestle now?
Mostly in the Midwest of the USA. I would love to branch out to other countries but a great company in North Dakota called Northern Outlaw Wrestling is keeping me very busy and has an awesome roster of hungry guys and a rookie booking team that is willing to learn. They have only been around for a few years but have grown by leaps and bounds. Not just one of the best indies out there, they are the best indy out there.

And what do the man behind the Irish Shooter when you not stands in the ring?
If I let you completely in on my secret life I would have to beat you within an inch of your life. I will give you a little taste though. I don't drink, don't do drugs, don't smoke. I take care of myself and I am a family man. When I am not on the road I like to spend time at home and spend time at the gym. One of my biggest addictions in life is video gaming, so when I do get a chance to be home I like to spend it on some good old shooting games for the PS3.

At the last something to say to your fans?
The Irish Shooter thanks all of his Cult or Green Pants followers for the continued support over the last 13 years and hopefully the next 20!! You all can find Benny Blades on Facebook, http://www.northernoutlawwrestling.com, and also at http://www.theirishshooter.com.

Thank you being my guest and i hope we see you sometime in a German ring.
Thank you and I hope to be in a German ring soon to spread a little Irish “cheer”

Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine
Admin + WJ ARMY General
Admin + WJ ARMY General

Fave Wrestler: Sting
Fave Promotion: DWA und Top Catch

by Advertising » 05.11.2011, 07:10

Advertising

Re: Benny Blades The Irish Shooter Interview

Postby Canadian Wolfe » 05.11.2011, 07:44

One of the Best Interviews the last months. :big_applaus
Canadian Wolfe
tWo Mitglied

Postby NewWorldOrder » 05.11.2011, 17:47

Sheamus really looks like Benny Blades :-D

THX for this Interview Irish Shooter :big_applaus

NewWorldOrder
WJ ARMY 2nd Lt.
WJ ARMY 2nd Lt.

Fave Wrestler: Kevin nash
Fave Promotion: nWo

Postby Desmond Wolfe » 05.11.2011, 17:52

[i_like_it][/i_like_it]
Desmond Wolfe
tWo Top User

Fave Wrestler: Desmond Wolfe

Postby Matt Hardy Brand » 05.11.2011, 19:25

[I_like_it][i_like_it][/i_like_it][/I_like_it]

Matt Hardy Brand
tWo Top User

Fave Wrestler: Matt Hardy
Fave Promotion: WWE

Postby EasyE81 » 05.11.2011, 21:03

Wow, cool interview!
I already like The Irish Shooter because he is straight edge :big_applaus
EasyE81
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.

Fave Wrestler: HBK, CM Punk, Sting
Fave Promotion: WWE, TNA

Postby Jumper » 05.11.2011, 21:57

tazzmaschine Bernd wrote:[color=#00FF00]Your little site looks like an amateur message board, you know?

Maybe looks like but The F´N Best in Europe ;-)
Thank you Benny Blades.Nice Interview and i would love see you vs your WWE Double :-)
Jumper
tWo Mitglied

Postby Whosnext » 06.11.2011, 08:39

I love this interview.
:big_applaus

Who´s next? Benny Blades you´re next
Whosnext
tWo Special Mitglied

Fave Wrestler: Goldberg
Fave Promotion: W.C.W.

Postby terkieomega50 » 06.11.2011, 20:44

GREATEST INTERVIEW I HAVE READ IN A LONG TIME. GIVES A NEW FRESH VIEW INTO THE PRO WRESTLING WORLD. HONESTY IS THE GREATEST, TOO BAD HE'S ONLY IN THE MIDWEST[i_like_it][/i_like_it]
terkieomega50

Postby The Nature Boy » 06.11.2011, 20:49

terkieomega50 wrote:GREATEST INTERVIEW I HAVE READ IN A LONG TIME. GIVES A NEW FRESH VIEW INTO THE PRO WRESTLING WORLD. HONESTY IS THE GREATEST, TOO BAD HE'S ONLY IN THE MIDWEST[i_like_it][/i_like_it]

The Midwest should just be the beginning ;-)

Great Interview thats true.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
The Nature Boy
WJ ARMY 2nd Lt.
WJ ARMY 2nd Lt.

Fave Wrestler: Ric Flair

Next