Go to footer

Dark Mondo Interview with "The Colossus"

Interviews with Wrestlingstars

Dark Mondo Interview with "The Colossus"

Postby Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine » 10.09.2011, 05:26

Hello Wrestlingjunkies,
today my guest comes from Belgium.
Please welcome Dark Mondo
Hello Dark Mondo,thank you for this interview.

You're welcome

Can you please tell the fans who you are?

The wrestler's most dangerous heavyweight in the ring. Several federations across Europe calls me "The Colossus". Despite my size, I have great agility, good speed and I am very technical. Add to that the power and psychology and you will get what is best in heavyweight: DarkMondo.

How do you come to the decision to be a Pro wrestler?

Like many wrestlers: passion. I watch wrestling since I was 6 years old, I went from "Fan" to "Pro-Wrestler" with all those hours of intensive training to work on my technics, my game, my moves, my body, my health ... And so that I got there, it is especially the public.

Before you started in this business what says your family and friends when you say you will wrestle?

For many of them, they expected! With no wrestling school in my youth, I have filled this gap by many martial arts until I had the opportunity to learn wrestling here in Belgium.

Who is your trainer and how is the training for yourself?

There were two or three schools in Belgium. So for maximum performance I went to each one. I also attended several seminars where I learned with Tommy End, Joe E Legend and soon El Generico. They are precursors to me and help me to drill deeper into wrestling

Was there sometimes a moment in training when you say:Thats to much i give up?

Never! Because for me, every difficulty is an additional challenge to become the best

You called yourself Dark Mondo,is there a story behind that Name?

As I said above, before the catch, I practiced a lot of combat sports. The most intensive was the Free Fight. During this career, I had the nickname "The Hitter," and critics said that my shots sent my opponents in the "Dark World of KO." I really liked it, and to create my current stage name I translated "World" in Italian that gives "Mondo". That's how DarkMondo was born :)

Do you remember your first match and can you share with us this moment?

For my first match, I was treated to one of the best shows in Belgium : There were over 1,500 people. The cries of the crowd and the atmosphere in the backstages have only increased my excitement and stress of my first match. I remember the stress when I heard my entrance theme, but once arrived on the scene, nothing. I was at 150% of my form and I made a really great match : I was ready!

Your wrestle for the ACWE thats right? And you hold the ACWE Championship?

Yes, I have the ACWE Champion Title. I work with ACWE since their debut but I also work with many other federations in Europe. For my passion, I go where they call me. This allows me to find a new audience and sometimes another way of working.

Do you work in your young time in Wrestling in other Promotions?

Yes, I am currently working in Belgium, France, Holland mainly. I am also the current heavyweight champion of two Belgian promotions. Soon I will have my chance for a heavyweight title in France. And I hope to discover other countries through the wrestling.

When you get inside the Ring what is your Favorite Rule,Heel or Face?And why?

I really enjoy playing both to improve my acting. Usually I play the Face, I always got the support from the crowd. But when I am abroad, I often play Heel. Make the Heel allows me to let me go up and cause the public. When I play the Face, it allows me to sign autographs after the show :)

Is WWE or TNA in the USA an Aim for you? And which Promotion is your Favorite?

For a long time, WWE has established itself as a number of globalization for all that marketing and propel a wrestler for all to see. But for me, they do not have the best macthes, they have the athletes complete but badly used, that is why I prefer TNA, Chikara, ROH, NJPW and the Indy Wrestling. But do not lie, the WWE is still a goal for all the wrestlers in the world.

When you look in the future is there anything you want to do in wrestling or a match you are dreaming for?

I have great ambition for the future : keep up in Europe. In 2012, I will have the chance to go to the United States for at least 2 shows on the native soil of Wrestling. It is an honor and a goal to be reaches.
For the near future, I will have the opportunity to participate in a show which will present El Generico, Shelton Benjamin, Taijiri and Joe E Legend. On this occasion I'm training hard to impress them and who knows, maybe walk away with contacts.
For Belgium, I'll have a match with one of the best wrestlers currently in Belgium : Rock "The Kick" Michael is a tough opponent but above all a friend and former colleague of training. Otherwise, I don't know what tomorrow is made but I hope to have more new surprises in my career.

Will we see you sometimes in a German Wrestling Ring?

I try to follow a promising Fed in Germany, the WXW. It would please me to have my chance and my first German steps in their ring. I've had very good feedback from wrestlers going there regularly (Tommy End, Michael Dante & El Generico). For other Fed in Germany, I am open to any proposal. And it would be a pleasure to discover this country.

And when you look at your time in Wrestling what was your personal highlight inside the ring?

Generally, I have very good reviews of my matches but I'm very hard on myself and always find something wrong when I look at myself. But it's my perfectionist side.
My best moments? When I'm in a ring, it is each time a unique moment : the reactions of the crowd are generally my best motivation. But the best time is always at the end of the show, when people come to me for autographs, photos, etc. .. This is my reward

Many Wrestler can told some good Road Trip Storys, can you tell the fans one of yours?

One day, me and four other wrestlers ( Tyler Gage, Jay Lewis, Sydal Cruz and Rock Michael once again ) have been booked at the French border in winter. It took us over 2 hours to get there, when at last we find the room, we ran directly to the locker room where we prepare up to 15 min just before the start. And at that time, the booker announced the cancellation of the show because there were only 18 people including 7 of the staff in the room because of the snow. Still, I tried that engagements are respected despite the few people there were, they were still coming to the show, you had to respect that. The organizer canceled still apologizing for us but the return was long .. Very long .. :(
Another good moment: just at the beginning, during the introduction of a show, we were all the Rooster of the evening behind the stage dancing like crazy, shoot our mistakes, take photos etc. .. Until we all have a great laugh, we had tears in our eyes and I think the public has heard it all ... :) It's one of my best moments because it proves that although we do not all see very often, there is always a great atmosphere and a mutual respect. It's for moments like this I like discovering new faces because these moments are priceless :)

Where do you wrestle now?

I wrestle throughout Belgium, France, Holland and I have the ambition to go even further, traveling around the world if possible. For that, I try to take maximum contact with each of my services

When a promoter will book you where can they contact you?
Simply e-mail, all information on Facebook ( Michel Etienne: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1184063331 ).
My facebook profile takes my whole life, me, my friends, my family and wrestling :) To stay closer to people.

And what do the Man behind the Wrestler when you not stands in the ring?

The most important thing for me is my family. This is my primary motivation in life. My job? I am a butcher (I'm training like Rocky Balboa :p) And I love the sport above all : boxing, football, bodybuilding, ... I love the simple things of life, spending time with my friends, make new friends and eating lol :)

At the last something to say to your fans ?

I thank all my fans who already follow me now and I invite all those who love to come catch up with me when they will have the opportunity. And above all, to say that I'm Heel or face, whatever, I always give up to give them what they want: the show, feelings, wrestling :)
I would like to thank Mr Bernd Lorenz for the interview and the attention it brings. I hope everyone happy. See you soon, DarkMondo.
PS: Wrestling is a dangerous sport, do not try this at home or at school. Do not take risks, come see the professionals, we are here for :)
Thank you very much

Thank you being my guest and i hope we see you sometimes in a german ring.

Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine
Admin + WJ ARMY General
Admin + WJ ARMY General

Fave Wrestler: Sting
Fave Promotion: DWA und Top Catch

by Advertising » 10.09.2011, 05:26

Advertising

Re: Dark Mondo Interview with "The Colossus"

Postby EasyE81 » 10.09.2011, 13:32

Fantastic Interview.
I hope he will reach his goals he has set himself in the Wrestling Business :wink:
And by the way...I also like to eat :mrgreen:
EasyE81
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.

Fave Wrestler: HBK, CM Punk, Sting
Fave Promotion: WWE, TNA

Re: Dark Mondo Interview with "The Colossus"

Postby European Assault » 10.09.2011, 16:53

A great wrestler with talent.
Go your Way Michel.
European Assault
tWo Mitglied