Go to footer

Interview Joey Starr

Interviews with Wrestlingstars

Interview Joey Starr

Postby Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine » 05.08.2012, 08:25

Hello Wrestlingjunkies.de Fans.
Today we have a guest from Telford , UK
Please welcome Joey Starr

First of all, it is a pleasure for Wrestlingjunkies.de, to do this Interview and we thank
you for this opportunity. How are you doing?

Firstly, sorry for taking so much time to get back to you guys! Life's been pretty hectic for me recently! I'm very well thank you, just winding down after a show.

Thats no problem Joey,it´s still my pleasure to have you here today.

Joey can you tell our readers more about your first steps into the wrestling business,what
was the reason you wanna be a pro wrestler?

I remember when I was about 13, switching on the TV and seeing Sunday Night Heat on Chanel 4, with highlights of The Rock vs Big Show in a number one contender-ship match for the WWF Championship against Kurt Angle at No Way Out 2001. From watching that I became hooked as a fan, watching it as much as possible and asking my neighbour to record RAW, SmackDown and Pay Per Views.

In 2005 for my birthday, my brother and sister brought me tickets for a live WWE event in Manchester, England. We got there late and I remember walking through the doorway into the arena and seeing Shelton Benjamin dropkick Carlito, hearing the crowd pop and thinking "I've GOT to try this
"

Your coaches in wrestling and your first time in training?

I first began training at FCW in the Midlands under the tutelage of Kevin O'Neil. I've recently moved to Norwich where I'm trained by the Knight family, who own and run World Association of Wrestling and the World Association of Women's Wrestling.

Do you remember your first match and what was it like to wrestle in front of an live crowd
for the first time?

My first match was on 25th May 2008 against Saul Adams. He kicked the crap out of me for 5 minutes - happy days! I remember being backstage and hearing my music I chose, (One Day Remains by Alter Bridge) and thinking "Oh shit, this is it!"
The adrenaline rush is hard to explain, its like excitement and fear combined, its the best feeling in the world.

In your opinion, what is the most challenging aspect of the training need to become a
professional wrestler?

Thats a hard question to answer, because everyone's different. I think for me, its overcoming fear to try certain moves. You have to have a certain amount of disregard towards you're body to begin with to try some moves, but generally once you've nailed them the first time, they become easier. But then once you've nailed a move once, it becomes easier to do over time.

What would you say was your hardest match or one of this in your time in wrestling?

I've had two tag matches again Bud and Bex the UK Hooligans. Without a doubt my hardest match, but at the same time, without a doubt, two of the best I've been in the ring with. I've also wrestled Kris Travis and Joey Hayes. Two wrestlers who leave everything in the ring and provided me with a hell of a challenge.

NPWA ,what could you say about this company and the championship belt you hold in your
hands?

They're a promising company on the up after a hiatus for a number of years. Unfortunately they haven't had a show for a the past few months, but I'm looking forward to stepping back in the ring and defending my championship.

How would you describe your wrestling style?

At one point hard hitting, but since my move, I'm trying to learn the British style made famous back in the day by the veterans and legends of British Wrestling, as well as some high flying moves.

When a booker or company wants you,where can they contact you and why should they book you?

They can contact me via Facebook or by emailing joeystarr@live.com
http://www.facebook.com/thejoewakely

Wrestler on the road have many times funny storys of this time.Do you have a funny one
which you could share with us?

I have one or two that I CAN'T share, haha! I guess the most recent one that comes to mind, is a trip home from Yarmouth doing a show. Myself and another driver drove at about 30MPH down a dual carriageway that has a speed limit of 70MPH, for about 5 minutes, needless to say this pissed off a few people and earned a few dirty looks and middle fingers...which they dully got back, haha!

When your career has run its course, what do you want to be remembered for the most?

Erm..tough one. Someone who was a good entertainer and sent the crowd home happy I guess. I don't want to be liked by all, because obviously, you can't please everyone in this business, if you think you can, then you're a fool.

And what do you when you not stands in the ring?

I'm a personal trainer.

Do you want to say something to the Wrestlingjunkies.de fans?

Yeah, if you've got this far reading and aren't bored out of you're tree, then thanks for reading! Ha!

Thank you very much for this interview and good luck for your future!
You're welcome and thank you :-)
Wrestlingjunkies.de - Wrestling is our Drug!!!!

Besucherzaehler
Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine
Admin + WJ ARMY General
Admin + WJ ARMY General

Fave Wrestler: Sting
Fave Promotion: DWA und Top Catch

by Advertising » 05.08.2012, 08:25

Advertising

Re: Interview Joey Starr

Postby picard » 05.08.2012, 09:22

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

He looks a little bit like Bobby Rhoode from TNA . Like that, he looks like a real wrestler :big_applaus
picard
tWo Top User