Go to footer

Interview with "The Fighting Irish" Rhia O'Reilly

Interviews with Wrestlingstars

Postby Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine » 17.02.2012, 07:50

Can you please tell the fans who you are?
I'm "The Fighting Irish" Rhia O'Reilly! I am a female professional wrestler based in the UK!

Rhia ,how do you come to the decision to be a female wrestler?
I started watching wrestling when I was a teenager and was a huge fan. I always enjoyed watching the Divas matches and thought they were really cool however it wasn't until Trish Stratus came along that my interest in womens wrestling changed. At first I hated her so much and as she developed as a performer I grew to love her and be a huge fan. I was inspired by what a huge reaction she gained form the audience whether they loved her or hated her and her along with the other Divas of that time such as Victoria (now Tara in TNA), Molly Holly and Lita made me realise that there really was a place for women in wrestling and they too could make an impact.

Who is or was your coaches in Wrestling and how was the training for you?I saw thats you trained by Lance Storm?
I originally trained with Lance Storm at the Storm Wrestling Academy in Calgary and it was an amazing experience. I found it really difficult to begin with and I think training every day was very beneficial to me. When I returned to the UK I trained with Justin Richards until last year when he stepped away from wrestling training however I still contact him when I need advise. Now I try to train in a variety of places as I think you learn different things and styles from different people however I have to say the Knight Family at WAW how been the most influential trainers recently.

In your opinion, what is the most challenging aspect of the training need to become a professional wrestler?
I think its very mentally challenging. You have to be prepared to wake up and every muscle in your body ache because it is very physical and for most people it is using your body in a way it is not used to. You have to be prepared to keep going when you think you can't do anymore. And you have to be prepared to put the time in. Its not just going to wrestling training but you need to exercise every week and think about your nutrition alongside your training.

When you get inside the Ring what is your Favorite Rule,Heel or Face?And why?
You know I don't care how people view me when I'm in the ring as long as I'm getting a reaction! Cheer me, boo me, I don't mind!

You live and wrestle mostly in the UK:one of the Companys you work for is EVE. What can you tell us about this Company ?
EVE was a great opportunity for me when it started as they gave me my first break into wrestling and I actually made my debut on their first show so it was very special to me. I always enjoy being part of their shows and am very excited to be part of the company as they make their iPPV debut on 18th February!

2011 you had a titleshot against Jenny Sjödin. Now is Alpha Female the No 1 Contender. After the Match would you another fight against the "old" or the new champion?
Definitely! I don't care who is champion I'll take a title shot whenever I can!

Last year you had the pleasure to wrestle in the USA for SHIMMER. Another highlight in your way in wrestling?
Absolutely! When I first decided what my dream in wrestling would be it was to wrestle for SHIMMER. Wrestling un the undercard was an amazing experience not only to wrestle to wrestle in front of the fans but also to be surrounded by so much talent and to leave from them all.

Do you watch US MainStream Wrestling like TNA or WWE?
I try to watch them when I can!

In my opinion WWE looks more thats the Divas looks good,wrestling is second.In your opinion, how far do good looks get a female in this industry?
I think your look can play a part in how far you get in wrestling but again it depends on what your goals are and where you hope to wrestle. I like to think that as independent wrestlers, your wrestling skills are much more important than your looks however when you look at somewhere like WWE they obviously often have a certain look that they require.

When you look in the future is there anything you want to do in wrestling or a match you are dreaming for?
I made my debut less than 2 years ago so it this time I just want to continue to improve as a performer and just wrestle as much as I can and enjoy it. I would love to wrestle abroad more as they are always exciting trips and continue to work hard for the promotions in the UK too!

If you could train with any wrestler in the entire world right now, who would it be and why?
I think training with the Knight Family in the UK is fantastic and I hope to train with them more this year. I'd also love to train with Sara Del Ray as I have a huge respect for her talent and her work ethic.

Where do you wrestle now?
Currently I am wrestling for EVE and WAWW which are two fantastic all female companies on the UK right now. I have also just started working for UKW's womens division which is exciting as they have just begun running all female shows. And I turn up here and there and everywhere! I go where they book me!

Wrestler on the road have many times funny storys of this time.Do you have a funny one for us who you could share with us?
I did a show last year where I got trapped at a venue! I opened a door to where I thought I was going, realised I had gone the wrong way but the door slammed shut behind me! There was no light switch and the door only opened form the outside. Embarrassingly I had to call my opponent for the evening to rescue me! I'm surprised she didn't leave me there - it would have been an easy win for her!

When your career has run its course, what do you want to be remembered for the most?
Well hopefully that won't be for a long time yet. I hope to develop into a performer that is respected by fans and other wrestlers and be remembered in a positive way!

And what do Rhia when you not stands in the ring?
When I'm not wrestling I work as a personal trainer and actually started working in fitness as a result of wrestling. I grew to love that part of training and was inspired to retrain and help others!

At the last something to say to your fans ?
To my fans I just want to say thank you so much for your support so far I hope I continue to make you proud to be a fan! And don't forget to support your local wrestling shows!!!
Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine
Admin + WJ ARMY General
Admin + WJ ARMY General

Fave Wrestler: Sting
Fave Promotion: DWA und Top Catch

by Advertising » 17.02.2012, 07:50

Advertising

Re: Interview with "The Fighting Irish" Rhia O'Reilly

Postby Irish Dragon » 17.02.2012, 11:05

[i_like_it][/i_like_it]
Irish Dragon

Postby therealwildone » 17.02.2012, 18:50

Rhia vs Alpha could be great for the Championshipbelt of EVE :big_applaus
therealwildone
tWo Top User

Postby EasyE81 » 17.02.2012, 20:59

Wow erst 2 Jahre dabei, aber schon sehr weit herumgekommen in der Welt.
Super Interview :D
EasyE81
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.

Fave Wrestler: HBK, CM Punk, Sting
Fave Promotion: WWE, TNA