Go to footer

Interview with Big Geert

Interviews with Wrestlingstars

Interview with Big Geert

Postby Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine » 06.05.2012, 08:39

Hello Wrestlingjunkies,
today my guest comes from the Netherlands.
He is the former FCW Tag Team Champion,FWF Belgian Champions
PWA European Allstar Champion and one of the tallest wrestler there today.
Please welcome Big Geert.

Hello Geert,thank you for your time for this interview.
- You're welcome. Always happy to answer a couple of questions for those

Can you please tell the fans here in germany and all over the world who you are?
- I can quite confidentely state I am the biggest wrestler in Europe today. There's not really a lot more to say than that.

Geert ,how do you come to the decision to be a Pro wrestler?
- Back in the mid to late 90's a national tv station aired WCW. It didn't last long, but it was enough to get me hooked. It wasn't until almost 10 years later I got my chance to begin training.

Now your wrestle as Big Geert but former you work as Big Bull Johnson.Is there a story
behind this gimmick?
- Back in Dutch Championship Wrestling, I had a manager called Sir Archibalt. He was a maniacal man who hired me as his bodyguard. He gave me the name to frighten opponents. When DCW went defunct I dropped the name, because there were a couple other Dutch-speaking wrestlers with 'bull' inspired names. I wanted to set myself apart by choosing a more foreign name.

Coaches in Wrestling?
- My first trainer was Mark Kodiak, he himself trained with WWA4 (WCW's Power Plant) and is one of the Netherlands' veteran trainers. Since then I've received training from the likes of Tommy End and Tengkwa. I also attended seminars by great veterans like Al Snow and the Honky Tonk Man.

When you get inside the Ring what is your Favorite Rule,Heel or Face?And why?
- My favorite role is as a heel, for sure. Antagonizing people is so much more fun than being a good guy, kissing hands and shaking babies. Unfortunately, riling people up is frowned upon in 'real life', so going in the ring and being encouraged to do just that, that's cool.

Do you watching Mainstream Wrestling Like TNA or WWE? And which Promotion is your Favorite?
- I keep up with WWE and not at all with TNA, so that would answer the second part of your question. It's the pinnacle of our business, so you're kind of obligated to follow it.

You mostly wrestle in the Netherlands and Belgium,which countrys would you love to visit to
work?
- Let me add a note there; over the years I've done most of my work in France, with Wrestling Stars. WS isn't known for publishing their shows on the internet as well as other promotions. As for countries I'd still like to work, the US and Japan are high on my list of places to work. I've had some offers to go to Africa, but nothing has come of that. Yet.

You work 2007 here in Germany in a match Homeless Peter & Violent Tom vs Anthony Zeus & Big
Geert.Your first time wrestling in germany,how do you remeber this day and the match?
- I remember being excited about working in Germany and for WXW, which has an impressive reputation. Unfortunately, of the match itself I don't remember much other than Zeus (now Michael Dante) breaking his ankle. I'd love the opportunity to work for WXW again and make some new memories.

Feb 2010 Total Blast Wrestling EuroStars European Heavyweight Title: Bernard Vandamme (c)
vs Colossus in Poland. What does it means wrestle in Poland and why you work under the Gimmick Colossus?
- The Colossos gimmick was an idea of the WS promoter, Flesh Gordon. They wanted to partner me up with Scott Rider, who was working as a Scotsman. Working in Poland was an unique experience, they really take excellent care of their talent. It also marked my fifth country to work in, which made it that much more memorable. I also had a chance to work with Tommy End there, which is always a treat.

When you look in the future is there anything you want to do in wrestling or a match you are dreaming for?
- I don't have any special dream opponent or match in mind. Every match is special in it's own right. I know that sounds like a cheap answer, but that's how I feel. One thing I would like to accomplish is working for bigger and bigger crowds. The largest audience I've worked for to date is in France, for roughly 5000 fans. That definitely tasted like more.

And when you look at your time in Wrestling, i know you are just startet your career some
years ago but what was your personal highlight inside the ring?
- Anytime I can do something in the ring that either leaves the crowd speechless or screaming for my head is a personal highlight. If I can manipulate anyone to such and extend they want to come into the ring and physically hurt me, I get a kick out of that.

Geert you hold some belts in your hands,FCW Tag Team,FWF Belgian Champion and
PWA European Allstar Champion. How was this feeling to hold the first time Championgold in
your hands?
- It's a special moment for sure. Even though each reign was quite short due to some bad decisions, it's good to know you are the top dog in a promotion. That a promoter has so much faith in you as wrestler he's willing to give you those opportunities is a big show of confidence and a sign that your hard work hasn't gone unnoticed.

Where do you wrestle now?
- Right now, I'm having great fun with Pro Wrestling Holland and Pro Wrestling Showdown, both in the Netherlands. I'm always looking into working elsewhere, of course. If any promoters are reading this and would like to book me, contact me through Facebook, and we'll make magic happen!

Smartmarks still all over the world.How do you feel about the very critical smartmarks? Do
they damage the business?
- Critical smartmarks don't bother me personally, and they're such a small part of the wrestling community as a whole, I find it hard to believe they hurt the business. They're only ruining the wrestling experience for themselves, really. This is one of those cases where ignorance is bliss.

And what does the 208cm big men when you not stands in the ring?
- He's keeping substance abusers in line as a security guard at a methadon clinic. Which is, unsurprisingly, quite easy for a guy of impressive stature such as myself.

At the last something to say to your fans ?
- Check me out on facebook.com/colossos. It's not updated frequently, but I love to hear from you fans.

Thank you being my guest and i hope we see you sometimes back in a german ring.
- Thanks for having me, and best of luck with the website!
Wrestlingjunkies.de - Wrestling is our Drug!!!!

Besucherzaehler
Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine
Admin + WJ ARMY General
Admin + WJ ARMY General

Fave Wrestler: Sting
Fave Promotion: DWA und Top Catch

by Advertising » 06.05.2012, 08:39

Advertising

Re: Interview with Big Geert

Postby EasyE81 » 06.05.2012, 20:54

Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine wrote:Smartmarks still all over the world.How do you feel about the very critical smartmarks? Do they damage the business?
- Critical smartmarks don't bother me personally, and they're such a small part of the wrestling community as a whole, I find it hard to believe they hurt the business. They're only ruining the wrestling experience for themselves, really. This is one of those cases where ignorance is bliss.

THIS is exactly what I also think about them :big_applaus
EasyE81
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.

Fave Wrestler: HBK, CM Punk, Sting
Fave Promotion: WWE, TNA

Postby NewWorldOrder » 07.05.2012, 14:00

Ist das Destructo der da durch die Luft fliegt?

NewWorldOrder
WJ ARMY 2nd Lt.
WJ ARMY 2nd Lt.

Fave Wrestler: Kevin nash
Fave Promotion: nWo

Postby picard » 08.05.2012, 19:20

NewWorldOrder wrote:Ist das Destructo der da durch die Luft fliegt?

Ja Hihi Fly Destructo Fly
picard
tWo Top User

Postby Destructo » 04.06.2012, 14:56

NewWorldOrder wrote:Ist das Destructo der da durch die Luft fliegt?

This is the only guy that can make a closeline feel like been hit by a truck!
A heart for wrestling, hard in wrestling!

Destructo
tWo Top User

Return to Board index

Return to Interviews