Go to footer

Interview with Lloyd Pengel

Interviews with Wrestlingstars

Interview with Lloyd Pengel

Postby Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine » 11.02.2012, 08:58

Hello Wrestlingjunkies,
today my guest comes from The Netherlands
Please welcome Lloyd Pengel
Hello Lloyd,thank you for this interview.

Can you please tell the fans who you are?
well, i am the caribbean lucha libre flavored wrestler who turns wrestling shows into party and opponents lying for the 3 count

Lloyd ,how do you come to the decision to be a Pro wrestler?
i got hooked after seeing it on tv when i was young. And some people dream of being a pop star or athlete, i dreamed of being a wrestler. so i went to a try-out.

Who is or was your coaches in Wrestling and how was the training for you?
Mainly i have been trained by Tengkwa and Tommy End. training for me was and still is hard. pushing your body to its limits and getting injured are tough but not the hardest part. training, watching tapes, try and put everything you got to master just one thing and then realizing that you are just at 5% of where you want to be, that's hard. but that is also what i like about this. there is so much to learn and know about wrestling.
both trainers know so much and are great teachers even thou they got a really different style of teaching. we are lucky they like to teach and put so much effort in us

In your opinion, what is the most challenging aspect of the training need to become a professional wrestler?
there are so much aspects of wrestling and the most difficult in my opinion are the things that do not involve "wrestling". like why, when and how to do certain things. Most challenging is to train all aspects because it is easy to forget some because we tend to focus on what we like about wrestling.

When you get inside the Ring what is your Favorite Rule,Heel or Face?And why?
to me it does not matter because i want to entertain the audience. but i am uses to wrestle face so that is more easy for me.

Do you think it's more important for a Pro wrestler to be a solid athlete, or to have a stand-out personality?
you have to be a solid athlete to perform on a certain level but if you mean what is more important, how good you look or how good your gimmick is than i would say it depends on your audience and what fits a wrestler. both can be more important in different situations like how you look and where and for who you wrestle.

Do you watch US MainStream Wrestling like TNA or WWE?
no, even thou i like to watch that. now i mostly watch things that can help me as a wrestler. if i want to be entertained by wrestling i watch mainstream but i haven't watcher for almost a year now

You hold some Tag Team Title. One as part of Sranang Express together with Andrew Patterson The PWH Tag Team Champions.What can you tell us about this Tag Team,your Partner and winning the Gold?
having Andrew as a partner is a really good experience for me. i started wrestling in this team and he taught me a lot about wrestling. it was like having coach in the ring with me when i started and now i really have fun wrestling with him. winning the gold was really nice and did fit in the dutch wrestling scene at that moment. but looking back maybe it was too soon for me/us.

You also FCW Tag Team Champion with Jamie De La Combe but just for some minutes. Whats going on this Day?
that was my first championship and yes it was for a few minutes. we where in a tag tournament and beat the champions in the first round. so we were champions.

When you look in the future is there anything you want to do in wrestling or a match you are dreaming for?
now i just want to wrestler allot and in many different countries. big organizations are dreams but now not realistic yet. wrestling my trainers was always something special for me and wrestling them again also would. Emil Sitoci is someone i really would like to wrestle. other big names are not going to happen in my near future. but in wrestling you never now.

And when you look at your time in Wrestling what was your personal highlight inside the ring?
my first match against Marc and Tommy End, winning pwh tag belts and looking outside the ring and see how excited i can make people with what i love to do.

If you could train with any wrestler in the entire world right now, who would it be and why?
well i had a seminar from Fit Finlay and i was so impressed. and i can not think about someone i would pick over him. but there are a lot of wrestlers i want to train with.

Nightmares in Wrestling,what would be your worst Nightmare?
that if i can not be the man or father i want to be because of something that happened to me in wrestling. i love wrestling but i would not forgive myself if someone else have to pay for what i love to do.

You work mostly in Netherlands but also in Germany , Belgium and Ireland. Which country would you love to wrestle too?
Mexico, becouse i like the lucha style and Surinam, because that is where i am originally from. but i would like to wrestle in country's i haven't been.

Where do you wrestle now?
PWH and DPW in Holland. i also wrestle occasionally for some other promotions.

Wrestler on the road have many times funny storys of this time.Do you have a funny one for us who you could share with us?
yeah i got some funny road stories but it is not in my character to talk bad about someone behind their backs. i don't travel that long in comparison to wrestlers in other countries so i don't got much but like them the things happen to me involve alcohol and/or drugs.

When your career has run its course, what do you want to be remembered for the most?
i hope people enjoyed watching me. and for workers to want to wrestle me (again).

And what do Lloyd when you not stands in the ring?
working in a clinic for mental illnesses or making a big party where ever.

At the last something to say to your fans ?
hope you all will keep enjoying wrestling and hope to see you soon. oh and don't forget to party.

Thank you being my guest and i hope we see you sometimes back in a german ring.

Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine
Admin + WJ ARMY General
Admin + WJ ARMY General

Fave Wrestler: Sting
Fave Promotion: DWA und Top Catch

by Advertising » 11.02.2012, 08:58

Advertising

Re: Interview with Lloyd Pengel

Postby Matt Hardy Brand » 11.02.2012, 17:07

[i_like_it][/i_like_it]

:big_applaus :big_applaus :big_applaus

Matt Hardy Brand
tWo Top User

Fave Wrestler: Matt Hardy
Fave Promotion: WWE

Postby EasyE81 » 11.02.2012, 19:50

Er scheint mir eine Mischung aus Kofi Kingston und Percy Watson zu sein.
Was mich ein wenig irritiert hat, war die Aussage, dass seine lustigsten Momente auf Reisen als Wrestler grundsätzlich Alkohol und/oder Drogen beinhalten :shock: Für mich mit einem Straight Edge Lifestyle ein abolutes No Go!!
EasyE81
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.

Fave Wrestler: HBK, CM Punk, Sting
Fave Promotion: WWE, TNA

Postby guest 911 » 12.02.2012, 10:33

great guy
guest 911

Postby Desmond Wolfe » 12.02.2012, 11:44

[i_like_it][/i_like_it]
Desmond Wolfe
tWo Top User

Fave Wrestler: Desmond Wolfe

Postby WWE Insider » 15.02.2012, 17:17

Nice :-)
Wrestling Insider ( WWE , TNA, RoH, CHIKARA, NWA )
WWE Insider
tWo Inventar

Postby Canadian Wolfe » 16.02.2012, 15:39

[i_like_it][/i_like_it]
Canadian Wolfe
tWo Mitglied

Return to Board index

Return to Interviews