Go to footer

Interview with Richie Julio

Interviews with Wrestlingstars

Interview with Richie Julio

Postby Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine » 04.02.2012, 09:11

Hello Wrestlingjunkies,
today my guest comes from The Netherlands
Please welcome Richie Julio
Hello Richie ,thank you for this interview.

Can you please tell the fans who you are?
A:I'm Richie Julio i'm 27 years old, i wrestle since 2000 , i started out training at DWF in the hague,Netherlands( Dutch Wrestling Federation at that time), 2000 was also my debut year .2003 i took some time of pro wrestling, focusing on my MMA career and i was also active in the wrestling greco/roman and grappling competition, i got trained bij chris dolman and Bert kops also familiar with pro wrestling, at RINGS/Pancration and KOPS gym at amsterdam .
,2005 made my MMA debut in my first match, i did several matches in the Netherlands and Belgium.
got 5 wins on submission , 2 loss , one DQ( because ground"n pound to the head was not allowed and i did it twice ,in front of the ref.. ), the other one i tapped out on a armbar.
i missed the art of pro wrestling , and switched back in 2007, and i can tell you guys , this is my passion and i'm hungry

Richie,how do you come to the decision to be a Pro wrestler?

A:well i'm hooked on pro wrestling since i saw it as a little kid , coming from school turning on "skychannel' on tv , and there was wrestling.
since then i always followed it and it inspired me. and i wanted to do this myself!

who is or was your coaches in Wrestling and how was the training for you?

A:in 2000 at DWF i got trained by Deangelous and ashwin and they teached me the basics , DWF got taken over and became DCW(Dutch Championship wrestling) and i got trained by Mark Kodiak and Kenzo Richards , i learned a lot of them , but it was tough man, especially the drills and the circruit trainings Kenzo had created for us.
also when i train at the PWH training center , Tengkwa helps me a lot!

In your opinion, what is the most challenging aspect of the training need to become a professional wrestler?

A:i think the coordination after taking a few bumps and still doing you're thing right qua timing is a important thing,
also the showmanship part, PWH organizes dojo shows ,these are little shows held in the training center, to help newer talents becoming familiar,
performing on real shows. , but on these shows there's almost no crowd so you have to work your gimmick real good , and that's though ,because you can hear everything you say or your calling in the match

When you get inside the Ring what is your Favorite Rule,Heel or Face?And why?

A: i always love to be a heel, because it's a real responability if you don't be a good heel being rude, aggressive , arrogant , or a playing it real dirty , yeah it sounds easy , but if you don't come over "real" in what youre doing , you taking away the dignity of the whole match, for yourself and your opponent.

Do you think it's more important for a Pro wrestler to be a solid athlete, or to have a stand-out personality?!

A: i say :both ! to be a solid athlete , is a big part of how you perform and how you look like in pro wrestling , a stand - out personality also works out wel to make you look real in what you do.

You hold some Tag Team Title. You are two times Pro Wrestling Holland and one time Unified Benelux Tag Team Champion.What can you tell us about this Tag Team,your Partner and winning the Gold?

A: the Unified Benelux Tag Team Champion i won with wesley croton , a great friend of mine i know for a long time! a former PWH heavy weight campion and also competetive in greco/roman and grappling wrestling , our combination as technical / shooters in pro wrestling worked out real well, and we also won two times the Pro Wrestling Holland tag team titles.
wesley took some time of pro wrestling because of several injury's and his work .. so he's sidelined now for a period,
now i started to tag with Eddy DLC witch is beside my best friend in life , a great wrestler who wrestled in the states , france and belgium and holland afcourse , he's also a former PWH heavyweight champ ,he's very busy with pro wrestling and started as a MMA fighter, had already had one match , where i had the pleasure and honor to stand in his corner . and now where a tag team and i think this might work out great in the tag team scene !

When you look in the future is there anything you want to do in wrestling or a match you are dreaming for?

A:for now i just want to wrestle as much as i can , all over europe, i have my eye on the PWH title , but i have to wait till it's my time battle for it !also do i want to work out this tag team combination with my and eddy !

And when you look at your time in Wrestling what was your personal highlight inside the ring?

A:becoming Unified Benelux Tag Team Champion and Pro Wrestling Holland tag champ with Wesley croton !also making my debut as tag team with eddy DLC

If you could train with any wrestler in the entire world right now, who would it be and why?

A: Kurt Angle! this guy can combine shoot style en pro wrestling real good, and he can almost do everything , even highflyi'n if he wants ,
i've always been a kurt angle fan

Nightmares in Wrestling,what would be your worst Nightmare?

A: i think wenn the crowd being silent al the time , don't giving any reaction or what ever

You work mostly in Netherlands but also in Belgium. Which country would you love to wrestle too?
germany for sure, spain, france, italy, england

Where do you wrestle now?

A: i did a lot for dutch, belgium and even france promotions , but when my son was born two years ago, i had to take some gas back , and keep it mostly in holland and some times belgium , and i now i want to' level it up ' again ! so now working for PWH and PWS( Pro Wrestling Showdown), doing maybe some work in the future FWF, PWA in belgium en going march the 3rd to WON wrestling

Wrestler on the road have many times funny storys of this time.Do you have a funny one for us who you could share with us?

A:yess i do , i wrestled also for BWS , and ,( we arrived a little bit early), on this show there took one harcore match place and i don't even know who where in it , but anyway .. there where no weapens , so next to that sport centre where the show was giving in , was a fire department , giving a party for the employees and stuff .., so me and kid luxx, payd a little visit to the party , having a great time over there , but walked back to the sport centre with dinner plates and trash cans we stole from the fire department for the
hardcore match .. wenn we came back.. the promoter cancelled the hardcore match, it's al for the business!

When your career has run its course, what do you want to be remembered for the most?

A: somebody always did his best , and making it real

And what do the men behind the wrestler when you not stands in the ring?

A:busy working out!!! and my job, and spending time with my wife and son!!!

At the last something to say to your fans ?

A: keep your eyes on Richie Julio !!!

Thank you being my guest and i hope we see you sometimes in a german ring.

you're welcome! it was a pleasure to me !!!
Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine
Admin + WJ ARMY General
Admin + WJ ARMY General

Fave Wrestler: Sting
Fave Promotion: DWA und Top Catch

by Advertising » 04.02.2012, 09:11

Advertising

Re: Interview with Richie Julio

Postby Dutch Man Tel » 04.02.2012, 10:53

:big_applaus Like it !!!!
Dutch Man Tel
tWo User

Fave Promotion: PWH , DPW

Postby EasyE81 » 04.02.2012, 21:04

Wow, really good interview.
And maybe his dream will come true to have a training session with Kurt Angle someday...never say never :wink:
EasyE81
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.

Fave Wrestler: HBK, CM Punk, Sting
Fave Promotion: WWE, TNA

Postby MastermindMaik » 05.02.2012, 03:02

[i_like_it][/i_like_it]
MastermindMaik
WJ ARMY 2nd Lt.
WJ ARMY 2nd Lt.

Postby NewWorldOrder » 06.02.2012, 17:43

Bring him to Germany,want to see him live.

:big_applaus

NewWorldOrder
WJ ARMY 2nd Lt.
WJ ARMY 2nd Lt.

Fave Wrestler: Kevin nash
Fave Promotion: nWo

Return to Board index

Return to Interviews