Go to footer

Interview with the Greek God Papadon

Interviews with Wrestlingstars

Interview with the Greek God Papadon

Postby Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine » 13.04.2013, 06:06

First of all, it is a pleasure for Wrestlingjunkies.de, to do this Interview and we thank
you for this opportunity. How are you doing?
- I am well, thank you for this opportunity.

For wrestling fans who might not know what you are involved with in the world of
professional wrestling, can you just give us an update on what's going on in the busy
schedule of Papadon?
-Well, on 4/13/13 I will be participating in the 2013 ECWA Super 8 tournamnet. It is the most prestigious tournament in all of Independent wrestling. I won it last year and looking to be the first to winning it back to back this year. on 4/20/13 I will be wrestling Tony nese for NWA DAWG in NJ and after I kick the crap out of him I am looking to get an opportunity to wrestle for the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championsip. On 4/27/13 I will be wrestling fro NYWC in NY. On 5/11/13 I will participating for the NECW Iron 8 tournamnet.

How did you get your start in professional wrestling?And who was/is your coach/es?
-I started my wrestling career at Bobby lombardi's LIWF DogHouse in Brooklyn NY. I was trained by the Notorious 187 Homicide. After the Doghouse closed down b/c they lost their lease I continued my training at the NYWC Academy in Long Island NY where I was taken under Mikey Whipwrecks wing and continued my training.

Do you remember your first match and what was it like to wrestle in front of an live crowd
for the first time?
-My first match was 1 month after I started training and I wrestled "Simply the Best" Andrew Edwards. It was amazing wrestling in front of a live crowd and it still is today.

When was the exact moment you decided you wanted to become a professional wrestler?
-When I watched a match w Sting and Ric Flair for the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship. It was during the Jim Crckett era of teh NWA and I was instantly hooked and said this is what I want to do.

In your opinion, what is the most challenging aspect of the training need to become a
professional wrestler?
-I would have to say dedication. Training is very difficult and sticking with it and mastering the craft and making part of your life is very difficult. You have many people on the Indys who play wrestler and arent wrestlers. There are a select few who are wrestlers bc the y have a passion and love for this industry.

Over the last 25 years Professional Wrestling has changed dramatically in terms of how it's
presented, in your opinion do you think it's better today, or has the change hurt the
product overall?
-I think everything in this life needs to evolve/change in order to survive and not become stale or too predictable. I cant say that wrestling from 5, 10, or 25 years ago is better than today b/c its all flavors of ice cream. Everyone loves different flavors at different time.

Who was your toughest opponent thus far in your career?
-that is a difficult one to answer because everytime I step in the ring I learn something new and every opponent i have I enjoy for different reasons.

You've competed in some of the top pro wrestling promotions in America, which one was your
absolute favorite to wrestle in?
-Wow.....I would have to say I truly enjoyed wrestling for ECWA, DGUSA,ROH, NYWC, Brian Dixon in the UK.

Who was the number one pro wrestler who inspired you to get into the business, if you had
one that is?
-Sting was the first I truly was inspired by when I was young. But I idolized Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Perry Saturn, William Regal, Fit Finlay, Rey Mysterio Jr., Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard.
Just to name a few....lol

How would you describe your wrestling style?
-I can wrestle any style from Lucha Libre to Japanese Strong Style and everything in between. I would say my style is a hybrid style b/c I can do it all and change it up when I need to.

What are your long term goals in professional wrestling?
-To mainevent Wrestlmania and earn a living by wrestling.

When a booker or company wants you,where can they contact you and why should they book you?
-They can reach me on facebook or email me at my email address papadon595@yahoo.com.
A promoter should book me b/c I am the G.U.T.T. (Greatest Unsigned Talent Today), I can do it all, and I garauntee that their fans will be entertained and get their money's woth when they watch me wrestle. So if you want a quality product then you should book the Greek God Papadon...

Wrestler on the road have many times funny storys of this time.Do you have a funny one
which you could share with us?
-no, I cant sorry. You wil have to buy the book when it comes out...lol

When your career has run its course, what do you want to be remembered for the most?
-Being the best and giving it my all everytime I am in the ring.

And what do you when you not stands in the ring?
- I am at the gym or training at the NYWC academy.

Do you want to say something to the Wrestlingjunkies.de fans?
Yes, thank you for your continued support and continue to support Independent wrestling b/c it is the life blood and the future of the business.

Thank you very much for this interview and good luck for your future!

Wrestlingjunkies.de - Wrestling is our Drug!!!!

Besucherzaehler
Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine
Admin + WJ ARMY General
Admin + WJ ARMY General

Fave Wrestler: Sting
Fave Promotion: DWA und Top Catch

by Advertising » 13.04.2013, 06:06

Advertising

Re: Interview with the Greek God Papadon

Postby IndyWrestlingNews » 13.04.2013, 06:30

Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine wrote:
When a booker or company wants you,where can they contact you and why should they book you?
-They can reach me on facebook or email me at my email address papadon595@yahoo.com.
A promoter should book me b/c I am the G.U.T.T. (Greatest Unsigned Talent Today), I can do it all, and I garauntee that their fans will be entertained and get their money's woth when they watch me wrestle. So if you want a quality product then you should book the Greek God Papadon...

Indeed one of the G.U.T.T. (Greatest Unsigned Talent Today) :big_applaus
IndyWrestlingNews
tWo Mitglied

Postby Canadian Wolfe » 13.04.2013, 06:31

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Canadian Wolfe
tWo Mitglied

Postby Jumper » 14.04.2013, 08:14

Awesome :big_applaus
Jumper