Go to footer

Nigel Sherrod Interview

Interviews with Wrestlingstars

Nigel Sherrod Interview

Postby Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine » 27.11.2011, 09:29

Nigel ,how do you come to the decision to be a Pro wrestler?

When I was a young boy, I watched wrestling on television, at first I didn't care for it, my brother Nic would try and get me to watch but it just wasn't my thing, eventually though I fell in love with it. I remember being a kid and at the beach on a Saturday begging to be able to stay in to watch WCW Saturday night when everyone else was out on the pier at a cookout. I wanted to be a part of it, eventually through working at a local radio station and pestering local wrestlers I got an opportunity.

Who is/was your coach in wrestling?
A combo, Rick Michaels/Bill DeMott/ Bambi and Neal Pruitt have all worked with me in different aspects, I consider them all coaches.

But you are not only a wrestler you are Also "The Voice" of MTV2's Lucha Libre USA:Masked Warriors. How is it work for this show?
I was able to be the host of Lucha Libre USA: Masked Warriors the past year, I must say it was a fun show to work on and fun to learn the world of Lucha Libre as opposed to my knowledge of american style wrestling, I enjoyed the travel and meeting all the great fans and making friends.

When you get inside the Ring what is your Favorite Rule,Heel or Face?And why?
I'm more comfortable being a heel, it's almost therapeutic to get a rise out of the crowd after a bad week, imagine getting to let out the stress or what have you of the week on an audience, well as a heel you get that chance. However, I love the fans so it's difficult, I appreciate them so much, it's enjoyable being a babyface.

You wrestle in the USA for Indypendent Promotions like the PICW and i heared you hold some titles,right?
I've wrestled all over the states I think I'm up to 15 right now, mostly in the south east part. I've held the TNT Heavyweight Championship as well as the TNT Tag Team Championship, the PICW Tag Team Championship, AWN Heritage Championship and many womens championships ha ha.

Currently the Inter- Gender Wrestling Champion of the WORLD! As given to me by Mr.Tony Clifton. So i think you like Andy Kaufman
? i have seen the videos of his fued with Jerry Lawler many times and i think he was totally crazy but i love it. What do you think
about?
Tony told me to represent the championship with pride like Andy, when I first started wrestling, I took on one of my trainers Bambi in a series of matches all over the states. Being such a big fan of Andy Kaufman it was almost like re living his feud in Memphis, we had a lot of fun doing this and entertained a lot of folks. Obviously I don't agree with violence against women from men but in the world of wrestling anything can happen, it's all about keeping it interesting and entertaining..

Many wrestler dreams to work for the big once.Is WWE or TNA in the USA an Aim for you? And which Promotion is your Favorite?
I worked for WWE in Deep South Wrestling (at then the developmental territory) for two years until they moved operations to Florida. I've also had the opportunity to work for TNA on pay per view taking on Awesome Kong at "Slammiversary". I'd love to go back to work for either one, however, I grew up watching WWE and they are the biggest company in the world in terms of wrestling, I'd love to have the chance to shine up there..

When you look in the future is there anything you want to do in wrestling or a match you are dreaming for?Maybe work against people
like Fit Finlay?
Naturally I've always wanted to wrestle Jerry "The King" Lawler per my being a fan of Andy Kaufman..however other opponents would be as mentioned by yourself, the great Fit Finlay, he is without a doubt one of the greatest to ever step foot in the ring, I'd like to see if I have what it takes to take on some of the best the wrestling world has to offer. Other opponents would include William Regal, The Rock and Ric Flair..

And when you look at your time in Wrestling what was your personal highlight inside the ring?
I'd have to say taking on Awesome Kong on pay per view in Memphis,TN...I've had the chance to wrestle a lot of famous wrestlers but that was a proud moment that I can point to..

On facebook i can see you have meet many legends of the ring like Hulk Hogan or the true wrestling royalty, The Queen, the
WWE/PWHF Hall of Fame star,a Living Legend, Mae Young.Can you share us how it was to visit Mae for yourself?

Mae lives up to her moniker "The Great Mae Young" she is an awesome lady. When I first started out the late Fabulous Moolah helped me out quite a bit so I've had many encounters with Moolah and Mae, I love more than anything, the history of this wrestling profession, it's always an honor to talk wrestling with her and learn a few tricks!.

Also on Facebook i see you wear many times a shirt with the slogan:As seen on TV. Whats the story behind?
I've been blessed to be on television a great deal of my career, weather it was for WWE on DVD release and the Deep South Wrestling promotion on CSS Sports, TNA on pay per view, Lucha Libre on MTV2 and MTV Tr3s...the logo is quite famous in the states and I thought it'd be clever to call myself "Mr.As Seen on TV".

Where do you wrestle now?
I do independents, I'm busy every week mostly in the south east part of the USA, but I'm willing to go all over the world..

I have meet many wrestler and hear many funny good road storys,can you share one of yours with us?
I remember one of the first lessons I learned, it wasn't funny at the time but looking back it is. Never point the finger! Me any my friend Ryan Michaels ran late to a show, true enough it was because of Ryan being late meeting me but I was the driver, we arrived late and I blamed it on Ryan instead of taking the chewing out. The whole locker room then got to chop me including Ryan for blaming him I had handprints on me for about a week , I've always been on time and always make sure there is plenty of buffer time in case me and my travel partners run into problems. .

When a german Promoter will book you for a show how can they contact you?

I use facebook on http://www.facebook.com/officialnigelsherrod or NigelSherrod@gmail.com .

And what do the men behind the wrestler when you not stands in the ring?
The man behind Nigel Sherrod is a fun loving guy who enjoys wrestling. I live,eat,breathe,sleep pro wrestling. I love time with my friends and family, good music and fun..

At the last something to say to your fans ?
I love every single one of them, it's cliche but without the fans, there is no "US". I've loved the love and support from all over the world! I'd love to come to Germany soon and meet all of the great fans. God Bless and keep supporting wrestling. Thank you!.

Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine
Admin + WJ ARMY General
Admin + WJ ARMY General

Fave Wrestler: Sting
Fave Promotion: DWA und Top Catch

by Advertising » 27.11.2011, 09:29

Advertising

Re: Nigel Sherrod Interview

Postby picard » 27.11.2011, 09:44

[i_like_it][/i_like_it]

Thank to hold up the tardition of Andy Kaufman :big_applaus :big_applaus :big_applaus :big_applaus
picard
tWo Top User

Postby Whosnext » 27.11.2011, 12:15

[i_like_it][/i_like_it]
Whosnext
tWo Special Mitglied

Fave Wrestler: Goldberg
Fave Promotion: W.C.W.

Postby German Supporter » 27.11.2011, 19:17

Germany is waiting ;-)