Shawn "Maxer" Brennan Interview with Ireland´s Secret

Interviews with Wrestlingstars

Shawn "Maxer" Brennan Interview with Ireland´s Secret

Postby Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine » 23.07.2011, 09:54

Hello Wrestlingjunkies,
today my guest comes from the Ireland
Please welcome the former 3 times AWR No Limits Championship and now CWN
Mittelgewichtschampion.Sean Brennan

Hello Sean,thank you for this interview.
My pleasure, thank you

Can you please tell the fans who you are?
I am Shawn "Maxer" Brennan, professional wrestler, worked through Europe for a number of companies, one being American Wrestling Rampage, CWN, PBW, MWA just to name a few.

Sean ,you wrestle since 2005 ,how do you come to the decision to be a Pro
wrestler?
Well I watched it since I was 2 years old and that's all I ever wanted to be, having grown up watching Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Shawn Michaels, I definatly knew this was something I could do, and do well. Having an office job never really appealed to me.

Trained by Fergal Devitt & Paul Tracey ,what can you say us about the training with Devitt
and Paul?
It was without a shadow of a doubt the toughest training I have ever done in my life. We would do fitness, cardio and conditioning training until literally people would fall down. They would get us in the ring and just beat the Hell out of us. Bump after bump after bump. However I wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't be who or where I am today if it wasn't for Paul or Fergal, both were the two best trainers in the world hands down. Both were very different but both very good. Paul was more of a drill sargent, he would do the best drills in the world, shouting and encouraging guys the whole time, getting the best out of people, getting guys who weren't the best to give their best which they did. Even though we would be exhausted we would come away all closer together and eager for the next training session.
We would mess around a lot more with Fergal and have a laugh, but when it comes to training and wrestling Fergal is a genius. He would explain things to you that you would never even thought of, but things that make a good match into a great match, and a good wrestler into a great wrestler. Stuff that guys on the WWE roster or some of the "top" guys in the business today wouldn't even know. And that's why he has the best matches in the world today. That's the difference. Fergal makes everything look perfect where other workers things look sloppy or just ok, and things just dont flow in the ring. All in all I think at one time when we trained under Paul and Fergal I think it was the best training gym in Europe. The talent that came from that gym and could of came from that gym if they had only of stuck at it more,Paddy "Sucicde Morrow, Jordan Devlin (in Japan now), Rebbeca Knox (Japan, USA) , Justin Shape, Phil Boyd,Adam Abz(former nwa champ), Carl "Shooter" O Rourke (he was amazing) Jenny Sjodin, Hooligans, Danny Butler, Gonzo, Heavy D. Some names people may recognize some people wont but all were amazing talent who could have made it big, thanks to Paul and Fergal.

You wrestle in many Promotions and had the chance to face former WWE Stars like Scotty too
Hotty or Daivari,win title´s in Ireland and Germany. What will you say was your personal hightlight?

Personal highlight would have to be wrestling in front of all the big crowds in Germany and France. I enjoyed working with all the top guys RVD, Sabu, Scotty among others. But I think just getting to travel on the road with all my buddies both wrestlers and guys from the production is the best enjoyment. Were all doing something we love and travelling all over Europe doing it together. Sometimes you take it for granted, having to get up for a 8 hour bus journey at 7 in the morning with a huge hangover but its the best fun in the world. Meeting new fans every night and partying in a new town every night too is cool. But my personal highlight would have to be on a tour of France I wrestled my best pal Paddy Morrow every almost every night in a ladder match and by the end we could barley walk. But the last night in Lyon France there was a crowd of 4500 and we stole the show. When we got backstage peolpe were congratulating us like Jazzy Gilbert and Balls Mahoney which was awesome, but then Bret Hart who's music was playing for a promo walked up and shook our hands, and said "we worked our asses off and that was the best match on the tour", for me that was my personal highlight so far, I think I can probably speak for Paddy too :)

When you get inside the Ring what is your Favorite Rule,Heel or Face?And
why?
I like both equally the same as both are very different. I love playing face and getting the sympathy and feeling the emotion from the fans, it's also an excuse to do some more flying and flashier spots but I also like being a cocky heel and breaking the rules and pissing the fans off. When you see the fans get so angry I laugh because they forget themselves its a work and get really worked up. Especially here in Germany the crowds are real passionate they get so worked up it's great.

Sean you worked in Countrys like Ireland,Germany but also Rumania,Scotland and the USA.
What is the differnt between all these Countrys?
All the Countries are different in many ways, all fantastic and wonderful. I like drinking in all the different towns and I always notice and pick up on small things in every country but the one thing they all have in common once we get to the arena is they love wrestling, and have to be entertained in the same way. But I do like going to new Countries and meeting new people and making new friends and partying in different cities every night.

By the way, USA,Mainstream Wrestling. WWE and TNA,whats your favorite? And do you watch the
shows?
I don't watch any mainstream wrestling any more to be honest, I might catch a glimpse here and there but haven't really followed it in a long time. All I watch these days are Fergal Devitt in Japan, I catch his matches on you tube. For me he's hands down the best in the business today and his matches are by far in a league of their own, check them out if you haven't already.

When you look in the future is there anything you want to do in wrestling
or a match you are dreaming for?
No particular matches really, For me mainly I like to keep wrestling in Europe and improving every single match. I would love to go to Japan and just be known for a good worker and someone who gave 110% every night

And Sean,what will be your worst nightmare in Wrestling?
My worst Nightmare in wrestling would have to be a carrear ending injury, but I try not to think about it at all.

Where do you wrestle now?
I wrestle still in Europe and North of Ireland and Ireland, Ireland seems to be getting a bit busy again, crowds are up a small bit so that's a good sign. I have a few shows lined up in Scotland and can't wait to go back. I have a lot of friends over there and the talent is awesome

And what do Sean Brennan when you not stands in the ring?

When I'm not wrestling I like to just relax, I like to work out every day, Play my Play Station and Wii, watch some movies. But mostly I love to play golf with my buddies. I love playing golf with my friends and having a few drinks after. They never talk about wrestling at all, which is awesome. We just have a laugh and have a few pints of Guinness after, it's perfect :)

At the last something to say to your fans in Ireland,germany and arround the world ?
Just want to say thank you for your support, it means the world to me. I'd like to say thanks especially to the German fans, they are probably the best in the world I think, and I mean that. Every time I come over I make new friends and meet new people. There always very supportive and I always receive an email now and then from fans and friends from Germany asking how I am, so Thanks a million :)

Thank you being my guest and i hope we see you sometimes back in a german ring to defeat
your CWN Title.

Thanks a million guys :)

Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine
Admin + WJ ARMY General
Admin + WJ ARMY General

Fave Wrestler: Sting
Fave Promotion: DWA und Top Catch

by Advertising » 23.07.2011, 09:54

Advertising

Re: Shawn "Maxer" Brennan Interview with Ireland´s Secret

Postby Old School » 23.07.2011, 10:19

Great Technical Worker.

Good Interview.Thank you.

:big_applaus
Old School
tWo Top User

Postby rattlesnake » 23.07.2011, 12:33

[i_like_it][/i_like_it]
rattlesnake
tWo Special Mitglied

Fave Wrestler: SCSA

Postby BIG » 23.07.2011, 15:25

Great stuff. Saw him in MWA Wrestling. Great Guy.
BIG
tWo Special Mitglied

Postby Batistafan » 23.07.2011, 16:36

[i_like_it][/i_like_it]
Batistafan
tWo Special Mitglied

Postby Desmond Wolfe » 23.07.2011, 18:12

:big_applaus
Desmond Wolfe
tWo Top User

Fave Wrestler: Desmond Wolfe

Postby Steamboat » 23.07.2011, 21:31

Bernd hat mir schon mal von Ihm erzählt und war ganz begeistert von Ihm. ich hoffe ich sehe Ihn mal Live.

Steamboat
WJ ARMY 2nd Lt.
WJ ARMY 2nd Lt.

Postby EasyE81 » 24.07.2011, 20:22

Really fantastic Interview. Seems to be a very good guy.
And Bret Hart gave him credit for a match...wow what an honor :D
EasyE81
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.
WJ ARMY 1st Lt.

Fave Wrestler: HBK, CM Punk, Sting
Fave Promotion: WWE, TNA

Postby RandyOrton » 28.07.2011, 17:59

RandyOrton
tWo Top User

Fave Wrestler: Randy Orton