Go to footer

The Sin City Siren Terra Calaway Interview

Interviews with Wrestlingstars

The Sin City Siren Terra Calaway Interview

Postby Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine » 18.03.2012, 11:31

Hello Wrestlingjunkies,
today we have The Sin City Siren Terra Calaway as guest.

Hello Terra and thank you for your time for this interview.

First,your name is Terra Calaway and before the fans ask i will ask you. Calaway but not related with Mark Calaway better known as The Undertaker?

I get that a lot but no, there is no relation.

Trained By: Vegas Championship Wrestling (Legacy, Tony Leo)What can you tell us about your training and your coaches?

I joined Vegas Championship Wrestling in 2009. It was the best decision of my life. The training was tough at first and it's complicated, but my trainers were all very supportive and helpful. An amazing group of guys over there.

In your opinion, what is the most challenging aspect of the training need to become a professional wrestler?

Learning to stand the pain. Professional wrestling is completely different than any other sport and puts your body through a lot. It's hard to learn how to take it at first.

You called "Sin City Siren".Is there a story behind this name?

Sin City because I was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. It will always be my home and will always be a piece of me. Siren because I'm known to be a very loud person, when it's with my friends just hanging out and when I'm screaming at my opponent.

You wrestle since some years and hold some belts in your hands. You are the first LuchaPro Wrestling Champion and also the first WILD North American Champion. How does it feel hold your first belt?

It's an amazing feeling to hold championship gold. It makes you feel like you've truly accomplished something when you're the face of a company. Especially when you get to be the first ever champion of a company, you know it's an official part of history.

You also the current WILD North american Champion. Which female wrestler do you want to wrestle next for the belt?

Currently the number one contender for my WILD North American Championship is Jessicka Havok. She is the current WSU World Champion and WSU Spirit Champion and one amazing wrestler. She's certainly a tough cookie and I have a lot of work ahead of me if I want to be able to defend my title against her, but I welcome the challenge.

On your facebookside i saw a photo together with Winter.You wrestle her in Dec 2011,how ends the match?

The match was amazing, but it was brutal. She hit me with a chair three times then opened one, sat on it on my back, put me in a camel clutch and choked me out until I passed out. I lost, but I can say this, I never tapped out and she never pinned me.

Winter comes from germany,do you know that?On your FB also stands thats you speaks german.Why you learn german?

I did know she was from Germany. I learned German in high school. Originally it was because I needed a language course to graduate, but I spent 4 years learning it because it was such an amazing language. I even got to spend a summer in Bavaria as an exhange student and got to travel all over, seeing some amazing sights.

Mainstream Wrestling. In my eyes the TNA puts more on wrestling and the WWE more on the look of the female worker.In your opinion, how far do good looks get a female in this industry?

I think looks can get you part of the way there, but if you have no talent whatsoever, you're useless to the company. TNA brought in Lacey Von Erich. Not a great wrestling talent, but gorgeous. She lasted all of a few months and then disappeared. WWE seems to be getting better in the fact that they are actually making the girls learn now and some of them are growing leaps and bounds.

Vegas Championship Wrestling,LuchaPro,NWA Hollywood,WILD are just some of the companys you worked for but which aim do you have in wrestling?

All wrestlers have the same aim, to make professional wrestling a true living. To pay their bills with wrestling and not have to have a second job or anything else to support them. I don't know how well I'd fit in with WWE, due to the fact I'm 6 foot and not exactly a Diva, but I do hope to make it to TNA.

Terra you are not only a female wrestler and more time champion you also work as manager.which wrestler do you manage?

I currently manage only one wrestler and that's Vintage Dragon. I also tag team with him as well as his tag team partner, Cyanide. You can often see me with both of them, known as the Von Dooms when they are together, either outside the ring or in a 6-Person Tag.

When you look in the future is there anything you want to do in wrestling or a match you are dreaming for?

There are dream opponents I have and I want to make sure I get to wrestle all of them before my time is up in wrestling. Jessicka Havok, Serena Deeb, Mia Yim, Sara Del Rey, and a lot more.

Wrestler on the road have many times funny storys of this time.Do you have a funny one for us who you could share with us?

Vintage Dragon, myself, and a referee were driving home from Reno, NV. Dragon was driving, I was in the passenger seat, and the referee was asleep laying down in the back seat (without his seat belt on). We were a tad lost and Dragon was trying to find a certain street and almost ran a red light. I yelled to stop and he slammed on the brakes. Him and I both jerked forward, but the seatbelts stopped us from hitting the dashboard. However, there was a split second of silence and relief, then a very loud THUD! The referee had come flying forward and hit face first into the seats. Ever since that trip, he's never slept in the car with us again.

When your career has run its course, what do you want to be remembered for the most?

I want to be remembered for my heart. That I was always there for my fans, that I always gave 150% in all my matches, that I was always the friendly face in the locker room, and of course, that I was a good wrestler.

But i hope this will be not in the near future,which countrys would you loved to visit?

I want to get back to Germany, but I'd also like to see Australia, Canada, Japan, and England.

When a promoter will book you ,where can they contact you?

They can contact me through Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itsacalaway, my Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/terracalaway, and my e-mail TerraCalaway@gmail.com

And what do Terra when you not stands in the ring?

I do graphic design. I absolutely love it. I run my own online graphic design business and everything.

At the last something to say to your fans ?

I love you all. You have no idea how amazing it feels to have your support and love through this roller coaster called professional wrestling. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Bernd Lorenz aka Tazzmaschine
Admin + WJ ARMY General
Admin + WJ ARMY General

Fave Wrestler: Sting
Fave Promotion: DWA und Top Catch

by Advertising » 18.03.2012, 11:31

Advertising

Re: The Sin City Siren Terra Calaway Interview

Postby Awesome One » 18.03.2012, 16:33

[i_like_it][/i_like_it]

Awesome :big_applaus
Awesome One